Errors 3000-3999 (3004, 3013, 3014, 3018, 3164, 3194, and so on
Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the update server (gs.apple.com) on ports 80 or 443.
1. Update to the latest version of iTunes.
2. Verify the computer’s date and time are accurate.
3. Check that your security or firewall software is not interfering with ports 80 or 443, or with the server gs.apple.com.
4. Follow Troubleshooting security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.
5. An entry in your hosts file may be redirecting requests to gs.apple.com (see “Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com” above).
6. Internet proxy settings can cause this issue. If you are using a proxy, try without using one.
7. Test restoring while connected to a known-good network.