When you are trying to restore iPhone 4/4S/5, AppleTV2 or The New AppleTV on Windows or Mac, the iTunes error 1600 may appears on your computer like the following message:
The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600).
To Fix the error, just follow these steps below:
- Update iTunes to the latest version.
- Check the USB cable is available and connect computer correctly.
- Turn off the iPhone, and press the Home button until the USB cable connect the device.
- Hold the Home button again until the “Connect to iTunes” message appears.
- Release the Home button and restore required.
- Connect the iPhone to PC via USB cable.
- Run iTunes and backup your data.
- Select “Shift+Restore”, and then select the latest firmware from computer.
- A message will pop up to inform you to erase and restore iPhone to iOS the latest version of iOS, and then click “Restore” to verify the restore with Apple.
- After restore has been finished, a message will appear and click “OK”.